Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep invites our students to grow in their faith journey with God. Through our Campus Ministry program, we listen to their needs and help them share their gifts with both their school and the world. As part of our Catholic identity, we respect and appreciate the unique gifts and various religious traditions that reflect the make-up of our students and staff.
Becoming people for others is a hallmark of the CRSM experience. In early November, students and staff together participate in two days of community service. CRSM does not have required service hours yet 65 percent of our students volunteer in their community throughout the school year.
Students can grow in their faith journey through:
RETREATS, where they:
- Participate in required grade-level retreats.
- Attend and help lead optional retreats.
- Take part in the Viatorian Youth Congress & PeaceBuilders Initiative.
PRAYER, as they:
- Lead the daily prayer via the school intercom.
- Help plan our Masses and prayer services.
- Join and help lead optional monthly Taizé prayer and meditation.
JUSTICE AND SERVICE, as they:
- Partake in optional after school and weekend volunteering.
- Join in our Feast Day of St. Martin de Porres celebration and school and community-wide volunteer work during the first week of November
- Give through our Christmas for Others and Lenten Campaign
- Take part in uKNIGHTed Students for Immigration Reform
Join Us for an All School Mass
The Feast of St. Martin de Porres
November 3, 2022 8:00am
The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
December 12, 2022 8:00am
The Feast of St. Joseph the Worker
April 24, 2023 8:00am
Campus Ministry Staff
Campus Ministry News
Celebrating “Education as Freedom” in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr.
In what has become an annual tradition to celebrate the life of our nation’s renowned civil rights leader, Martin Luther King, CRSM students, faculty, staff, and community members gathered Tuesday, Jan. 17, for a worship service. “Education is freedom was a key...
Crossing Borders: Students Experience First-Hand the Plight of Asylum Seekers
Last month, five recent CRSM grads traveled to the southernmost border section between Mexico and the United States to witness first-hand the plight of asylum seekers and to better understand the humanitarian crisis at the border. The goal of the annual trip is for...
Students’ Trek to South Dakota Indian Reservation Sparks Reflection on Identity, Value and Legacy
During Spring Break, eight CRSM students traveled to South Dakota to visit Red Cloud High School, a Jesuit and Lakota high school on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The 1,000-mile bus trek marked the fifth journey our Waukegan high schoolers have made to form new...