For Cristo Rey St. Martin students, there are no requirements for community service, yet volunteering is something that really matters and is important to them. These service opportunities teach students to look beyond themselves and understand the role they can play in their community and country.
Through these volunteer experiences, students:
- Build upon their ethic of caring for others and contributing to their community.
- Gain new skills and meet new people.
- Get exposed to non-profit career opportunities.
- Build self-confidence and are empowered to know that they can make a difference in their community.
Current Community Service Opportunities include:
- Northern Illinois Food Bank monthly pop-up food distributions in the Cristo Rey parking lot and packing at Food Bank area center
- Feed My Starving Children
- Roberti House in Waukegan
In previous years, CRSM students have also volunteered at Beacon Place, Feed My Starving Children, PADS homeless shelter, Roberti House and at many of the Catholic Charities holiday drives.
Interested in having Cristo Rey St. Martin students volunteer at your organization? Contact Jim Dippold, Director of Campus Ministry.
Student Life News
During the month of February students held a series of events to celebrate Black History Month — a time to reflect on the history and achievements of Black Americans and to honor the individuals and groups who have worked tirelessly toward racial justice. With the...
Seniors Gallery, Eliza and Judy thought they were meeting with other members of the Class of 2022 and Principal Mike Odiotti to discuss outstanding details they needed to clear up before graduation next June; instead, the trio and 14 of their peers found a...
After winning the sectional championship, the CRSM Boys Soccer Team faced the Wheaton Academy Warriors, for the Super Sectional title last week. The historic season came to an end on October 26th when the CRSM varsity soccer team lost their playoff game against...