For Cristo Rey St. Martin students, there are no requirements for community service, yet volunteering is something that really matters and is important to them. These service opportunities teach students to look beyond themselves and understand the role they can play in their community and country.
Through these volunteer experiences, students:
- Build upon their ethic of caring for others and contributing to their community.
- Gain new skills and meet new people.
- Get exposed to non-profit career opportunities.
- Build self-confidence and are empowered to know that they can make a difference in their community.
Current Community Service Opportunities include:
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- PADS Homeless Shelter
- Feed My Starving Children
- Roberti Community House After School Program
- House of Peace Domestic Violence Shelter
Throught the year, we volunteer at other organizations throughout the community when invited to help.
Student Life News
Foundation Takes Teens on Impactful Adventures Around the World
For CRSM student Brandon, last summer was a season of superlative adventures, hiking mountains, kayaking, rafting, glacier excursions, wildlife watching and connecting to the abundant natural beauty of Alaska. The three-week trek was funded through the Ellie Burns...
Students Explore Threats to Democracy, and the Future of America
On Saturday, Sept. 10th, 19 members of the Art Club traveled to the Weinberg/Newton Gallery in Chicago to experience and reflect upon a diverse range of democracy issues presented through the arts, videos, and sculpture. The Weinberg/Newton Museum is a non-commercial...
Shark Tank Here They Come: Meet Our Teen Entrepreneurs
Some famous entrepreneurs got their start in grad school: others dabble in side hustles and others wait until they are fully established in their careers. At CRSM several students are launching their own ventures before the ripe old age of 18. Here are their stories...