Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep invites our students to grow in their faith journey with God. Through our Campus Ministry program, we listen to their needs and help them share their gifts with both their school and the world. As part of our Catholic identity, we respect and appreciate the unique gifts and various religious traditions that reflect the make-up of our students and staff.
Becoming people for others is a hallmark of the CRSM experience. In early November, students and staff together participate in two days of community service. CRSM does not have required service hours yet 65 percent of our students volunteer in their community throughout the school year.
Students can grow in their faith journey through:
RETREATS, where they:
- Participate in required grade-level retreats.
- Attend and help lead optional retreats.
- Take part in the Viatorian Youth Congress & PeaceBuilders Initiative.
PRAYER, as they:
- Lead the daily prayer via the school intercom.
- Help plan our Masses and prayer services.
- Join and help lead optional monthly Taizé prayer and meditation.
JUSTICE AND SERVICE, as they:
- Partake in optional after school and weekend volunteering.
- Join in our Feast Day of St. Martin de Porres celebration and school and community-wide volunteer work during the first week of November
- Give through our Christmas for Others and Lenten Campaign
- Take part in uKNIGHTed Students for Immigration Reform
Join Us for an All School Mass
Mass of the Holy Spirit: September 8
All Saints Day: November 1
The Feast of
Our Lady of Guadalupe; December 11
The Feast of
St. Joseph the Worker: April 25
Campus Ministry Staff
Campus Ministry News
Students’ Trek to South Dakota Indian Reservation Sparks Reflection on Identity, Value and Legacy
During Spring Break, eight CRSM students traveled to South Dakota to visit Red Cloud High School, a Jesuit and Lakota high school on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The 1,000-mile bus trek marked the fifth journey our Waukegan high schoolers have made to form new...
Celebrating a Life Well-Lived: A Tribute to Long-standing CRSM Advisor Fr. John Milton, CSV
For more than 10 years, Fr. John Milton, CVS, generously shared his vast knowledge in physics and became a spiritual companion to the CRSM community. We mourn his passing on Jan. 24th, and celebrate the legacy he leaves, which will be carried on in our AP physics and...
In Celebrating MLK Day, Students Consider What It Means to be “Persons for Others”
Forming peace and brotherhood was the theme of this year’s annual celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.. CRSM’s own Dean Edmonds, an ordained minister and pastor of Eternal Flame A.M.E. Church in North Chicago, directed the hour-long service...