Corporate Work Study Program Benefits
Our Work Study Program has wide-reaching benefits, not only for our students, but for the local businesses and the greater Waukegan community.
Benefits for Businesses and Organizations
- Invests in the development of diverse college-educated talent and the workforce of the future that is well-trained, reliable, cost-effective and technically proficient.
- Provides leadership and mentorship opportunities to managers.
- Decreases economic inequality and advances racial equity.
- Achieves diversity, equity and inclusion objectives.
- Makes a significant positive impact on employees, students, families and the community.
Benefits for Students
- Exposes students to a variety of career paths available with a college degree, inspiring new trajectories
- Develops early professional experience and skills along with mentors and networks that lead to future workplace success.
- Offsets the cost of tuition making a college preparatory education possible.
- Teaches students to take ownership and responsibility for their own success
Benefits to the Community
- Creates greater educational options for young people in marginalized and underserved communities like Waukegan and North Chicago.
- Provides a unique partnership between area businesses and organizations to work together for a better prepared workforce run by citizens who make a difference.
Want to learn more? Contact Brian Weinberg at 847-769-1751 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Work-Study Program Spotlights Mid-Year Milestones
On Wednesday, February 25th, the Corporate Work Study Program met virtually with its 80 business partners. Participants gathered in round-table discussions meant to maximize the benefits to the companies, managers, student supervisors and Cristo Rey students. Brian...
Paths Forward; UL shares future career opportunities with students
Human resource leaders from Underwriter’s Laboratories Inc. (UL) visited CRSM on Oct. 26th to share their insights on the multitude of career opportunities offered by the Northbrook-based global science leader and help prepare them for the workforce. In addition to...
Winning the COVID-19 Corporate Work Shuffle
It is no small feat, the business of keeping 400 student-workers on-the-job because many corporations are still working remotely and cannot have students come in for internships. But, through pivoting, innovating and firm resolve; 94% of students have been placed in...